Sunday, December 05, 2004

Testing the Limits of Big Government

Testing the Limits of Big Government

This is an article from the Weekly Standard outlining an upcoming case to the Supreme Court. For people like me who are federalists, I think the case is obvious that the federal law should be struck down in this case. Of course, if the case involved interstate commerce, then I can definitely see where the law would have a reason to be upheld.

I do agree with Mr. Eastland in that the court will find a way to weasel out of making any kind of definitive statement on federalism and will probably hold up the status quo. That's why I think there needs to be a shake up at the highest court in the land. Whether George Bush is the President with the cojones to make that shake up remains to be seen.