Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Well, the Media is Just Too Easy a Target to Pass Up

I was standing in line at Chic-Fil-A when I saw this headline on the front page of "The State"

Family struggles with baby’s death

Aunt says nearby relatives had been trying to help couple raise child


Then there was this first paragraph:
After giving up her first three children, 25-year-old Kellie King wanted to raise her fourth child, Jeffrey, with the help of her family.

She won’t get that chance.


So have a guess at what the article is about. Make a prediction in the comments.


Then read the rest of it.


That's probably one of the more deceitful openings I've ever read. "The State" sets up Kellie King as a victim. Which is probably as far from the truth as possible.

(Note: I'll refrain from any kind of trailer-trash comments, however accurate they may be in this case. Nor will I make any kind of manditory sterilization comment either, no matter how apropos it might be as well.)